This design-build project, which was completed by the Pernix Guam employees, included the 52,402 square feet, two story Combined Submarine Learning Center (P465) and Submarine Squadron Fifteen (CSS 15) Head Quarters Facility and OPS Storage as well as the 11,121 square foot, single story Torpedo Exercise Support (P528) Building.
The buildings feature:
- Battery Shop, Target Preparation Area, Helicopter Launcher Checkout and Prep Area, Post Run Target Turnaround and Containerization Area.
- Exercise Torpedo Flushing Operation Room and Bridge Cranes.
- Hazardous Material Handling, Preparation, and Spill Containment Measures Area.
- Data Extraction Room, Telecommunications Room, Conference Room and Training Room.
- Electrical/Mechanical Support Rooms.
- Central Chilled Water System/Specialized Ventilation System, and HVAC Air Distribution/Control System.
- Supporting Office Space and Technical Libraries.
- Hydrogen Detection and Fire Protection/Fire Suppression Systems.
- 60kw grid tie Solar Panel system at P465, and 24kw grid tie Solar Panel system at P528.
- Solar powered LED exterior area lights and bollards at walkways, interior occupancy and day lighting sensors, CATV.
- Generator Building with 600kW Generator.
- Underground site utilities, sewer lift station, site works, grading and paving, and sidewalks.
- Helipad with access road, Parking lot, bike shed, perimeter fencing, and landscaping.
- P465 designed to achieve LEED Silver, and P528 LEED Gold (Certification under review)